In a recent interview by Jamie Aprin-Ricci with missiologist Michael Frost, Michael shared the following thoughts:
“…our christology should lead to our missiology which in turn will lead to our ecclesiology. In other words, the way we understand the gospels and the character of God revealed to us in Jesus will affect our way of thinking about our mission in the world. If we get our christology right, it will lead to a right missiology. If we engage missionally in a godly fashion, issues such as how to ‘do’ church (ecclesiology) will take care of themselves.” – Michael Frost
“For I have given you an example, that you should also do just as I have done to you.” John 13:15 – Jesus
Christology (Jesus) – Missiology (Mission) -Ecclesiology (Church)
- How do you arrive at your mission in ministry?
- Is it rooted in Christ’s example?
- Does your relationship with Jesus and His example compel you in any particular way? How?
- What dictates your understanding of church and the form(s) it should take?
- Is it rooted in God’s missional example?
- What do you think about Michael Frost’s statements above?